BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 15, 2010

I'm giving my blog a face lift!

After a reader told me that she was having trouble reading my blog due to the color scheme, I decided to move forward in a different direction.  This is so much more my style, I hope it is easy to read as well!  If you get the emails, please go onto the blog and check it out and let me know what you think!  I chose this for my background for three reasons...first, my counselor likes me to focus on my "favorite place" which is without a doubt in Maine sitting on the ocean for hours watching the tide...my mom brought me there every summer growing up and it is one of my fondest memories.  Secondly, it reminds me of "Footprints in the Sand" and reminds me that God is carrying my burdens for me so I don't need too.  Lastly, it reminds me again, of my mother.  Not too long ago I told her I didn't think I was making a difference by only adopting two children when 10,000 more are waiting.  She told me the story of the starfish in the sand...I'll post both here.  Thank you, Mom!

Footprints in the Sand - Poem


One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there were one set of footprints.
This bothered me because I noticed
that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from
anguish, sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.
So I said to the Lord,
“You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you,
you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life
there have only been one set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most, you have not been there for me?”
The Lord replied,
“The times when you have seen only one set of footprints in the sand,
is when I carried you.”


The Starfish Story
Original Story by: Loren Eisley


One day a man was walking along the beach when he noticed
a boy picking something up and gently throwing it into the ocean. 

Approaching the boy, he asked, “What are you doing?”
The youth replied, “Throwing starfish back into the ocean. 
The surf is up and the tide is going out.  If I don’t throw them back, they’ll die.”

“Son,” the man said, “don’t you realize there are miles and miles of beach and hundreds of starfish? 
You can’t make a
difference!”

After listening politely, the boy bent down, picked up another starfish,
and threw it back into the surf.  Then, smiling at the
man, he said…”
I made a difference for that one.”








OK, I'm going to go cry again...out of happiness.  Sorry my posts have been so "deep" today.

0 comments: