BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day Nineteen, Gift Nineteen

Most of my day is a blur do to going in and out of sleep. For my gift today I had made a date to work with my mom on her budget for retirement after dinner. She is planning on moving in with us after retirement, we are blessed to have a "casita" which means "little house" in Spanish. It is a good sized bedroom with full bath and closet. We've decorated it and it feels a lot like a hotel room as it has it's own separate entrance. We asked my mom if she'd consider moving in with us after retirement to help with homeschooling the kids, etc. It would be a wonderful situation for everyone as she'd get time with her grandchildren, she wouldn't have many expenses and we would get the extra support of having her here which is huge with my various medical issues. She very excitedly agreed but this means she will need to be downsizing her currently large home dramatically. So we discussed this plan and put a few things in place and made a date to look at things again this weekend.

Following this, I really started to get a headache and not feeling well. I again, tried to go to sleep around 7pm...my headache got out of control. I took one medication at 7pm, it didn't work. So I waited in agony until 10pm to take a different medication (I'm always worried about overdosing)...when Tim came home at 11:30 I was still in unbelievable pain. He is a drug recognition expert and told me that I would be ok to take some Excedrin on top of what I already had taken....this was a last resort as because of the caffeine I knew I'd be up half the night. Well, I was. Luckily, Tim is a night owl and and he rubbed my head as my headache started to subside. We watched a movie until I feel asleep around 1:30am and he got up with all the kids in the morning and got them ready for school (although Jamie did miss the bus) I give him an A+++ for effort.

Then he hugged me and said "you're the best". I'm thinking "What???" I told him, I've been sick almost every day of our marriage, you have to do so much more than you should have to and you never complain, never get frustrated, never are resentful. I started to cry telling him how amazing he is and he smiled and said, "Well, I guess we both lucked out"...I'd say that's the understatement of the century!

0 comments: