BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Day Six, Gift Six

So today I had preplanned my gift.  One of my respite providers was putting her daughter in dance class for the very first time today...she is 18 months old.  This is the age that I put my youngest, Abigail, in dance class.  I put together several beautiful dance outfits, ballet, and tap shoes that were of perfect size.  I gave these to my respite provider very excited that she would not have to invest $100 or so in start up clothes and shoes.  However, to my surprise, I gave her a second gift, unplanned and unexpected.  She was discussing a health concern she was dealing with; one that I had significant experience with.  I was able to give her literature and good advice and in no time we were laughing and joking.  I went from feeling sluggish and tired to excited and happy!  So moral of the story, the material gift was nice to give, but the gesture of support and advice gave back more to me than the other!

As far as my health today, it was much better.  I am down to half a dose of the medicine that is making me really sick...it's hard for me to put it in my mouth, but if I don't, I could have seizures, etc.  So, I'm taking less and less every day and will be completely off of it in just 13 days.  I feel like I've been doing this blog forever, lol, but I'm just getting started...It's amazing how many people are calling or emailing me saying, "What's your gift for today?"

I have no idea what my gift is for tomorrow, it will come to me though, I have faith.  I have an MRI that will take up most of the day, but as soon as I figure it out, I will post.

Don't forget to leave your comments!  It's hard to stay positive all the time but I know I can do it with all of your support...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your gift yesterday was great.
I came up with a great gift today. Instead of parking close to the building I parked as far away as I could to leave the close parking spot for someone else. Yesterday one of my colleagues was out sick and I took a meeting for her. I really didn't want to because I had so much that I had to get done but instead of saying I couldn't I said yes and did and still got my goals accomplished for the day. I find that some of the things I do I would do anyway but now they are intentional. That is a good feeling. Thanks again for the inspiration. If someone as sick as you are can do it so can I.

About me... said...

I love the parking spot idea! These anonymous little gifts could totally uplift someone's day who may not be feeling well or struggling with the cold weather...Way to go!!!

Unknown said...

I am proud of you and your goal of 365 gifts in 365 days. I enjoy reading your blog but I feel so sad because you are so sick and you do not have your family around to help. Your writing is so inspirational and honest, you are a wonderful person. My gift to you will be to remember you each day and say a prayer so your health will return. Aunt Pat XO