BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 1, 2010

Day Thirty-One, No Grammy's...Budgeting is More Fun!

It's official!  I've made it through the first month, most people have long given up on their resolutions by this point and I'm happy to report that I'm still going strong.  I found this verse in my Bible reading today:

Acts 20:35… In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.'
 It is so true.  So on day Thirty-One, again the cold was kicking the kids butts.  Poor Justin was having seizures left and right which happens when he is sick and Jamie's sugar goes so low that she is unable to move.  She does not have diabetes but adrenal problems.  She isn't able to process the sugar correctly in her body and while a small dose of medicine usually does the trick, it's a different story when she is sick.  While I dealt with Justin's seizures, Tim worked with Jamie.  She was completely limp and unresponsive.  We gave her a normal dose of her medicine and two glasses of orange juice with no improvement.  This meant we had to pull out her emergency shot.  It gives her ten times her normal dose in medicine.  Tim mixed up the solution and gave her the shot.  She slowly started to come around and talk.

At this point our respite provider was here to relieve us for our weekly Sunday date.  I wasn't worried leaving the kids because our provider has been with us two years now and knows as much about the kids as we do.  She put Jamie in the bath, one of her favorite activities and slowly but surely Jamie started to come back around.  We went on our date to the movies and ran a couple errands.  It was much, much easier for me this time to not eat at the movies.  My will power has become very strong.
My friend called me saying that she got "The Love Dare" book in the mail and how excited she was to get started.  We are both starting on February 1st.  She asked if she should tell her partner, I recommended not, and she agreed.  So in addition to my gift giving challenge, I will keep you updated on my weight loss and my Love Dare!

For my gift, I made a date with mom in the evening to start inputting all of her information in the budgeting system over the phone.  This can take several hours to do and I didn't want her to get overwhelmed by the start up time.  So I decided I would gather the information from her and do it myself so that it was an "easy" gift for her to get started.  She informed me that she was missing "The Grammy's" and I informed her that this was much more important and I would only take an hour.  We plowed through quite a bit and made a date to meet again about this in a couple of days.

Since starting my challenge, thirty one days ago, I have gone from sleeping twenty hours a day to 8-10 hours.  I have been able to drop five of my twenty medications.  My pinched nerve pain is significantly improved and no longer constant.  I am more active and exercising and I am homeschooling Dakota again.  I have been able to work out a doable budget even with the loss of my income.  I have lost almost 11 pounds and I have given over 31 gifts!  Thanks for joining me on this adventure.  I'm looking forward to evaluating all of my progress at the end of February!!!

0 comments: