BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Day Sixty-One, Vermont State Report!

I'm in awe that I made it through the first sixty days!  Wow, my life has changed soooo much, it's thrilling!  I'm a bit overwhelmed at trying to get through the rest of the year, but I'm just focusing on one day at a time.  The gift giving has become quite natural...the hard part is keeping up with writing the posts about them...hence, you are getting a weeks worth in one day!  Sorry about that!  I'm going to try and focus on keeping this a top priority in the morning before all the kids are up.

Kaylee was doing a State Report in her first grade classroom, she had three choices, her first was Texas as her maternal Grandmother lives there...her second was Hawaii, as that is where her Dad and I got married, and her third was Vermont because I am from there and she didn't have any other ideas...lol.  So, she came home with Vermont!  I was excited, she said oddly enough no one else in the class wanted it!  I laughed and told her I've met several adults who have asked me "What country is Vermont in?" So I wasn't surprised that a classroom of first graders were not fighting over it! 

For my gift for today I spent hours working on her presentation poster.  We had a month to work on the project and we had written to the Chamber of Commerce...finally, she got this huge package in the mail full of brochures, maps,  and other information.  It was very exciting for her.  We went through everything, cutting up stuff, then I pulled out my scrapbooking materials to add some pizazz and we went to work.  She had so much fun learning about maple syrup, Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream, Ethan Allen, and of course the sea monster in Lake Champlain...

It exhausted me, as I get very tired in the evening, but I hung in there and we plugged away at it for two and a half hours and had an amazing project to show for it!  I gave her suggestions, but she did the actual project work on her own!

0 comments: